Monday, October 18, 2010

Music Monday



I haven't logged in for a while, but since this is a week of change. I guess i can log in to write is a lot more productive then logging onto facebook; which doesn't say much except status's. With a month full of stories, there are so many topics I could cover, but why. Its time for some new music, at least new to me. If you are expecting Reggae this time, I am sorry I disappointed you before you even made it to the music. I do recommend you give it a chance, because you will probably like it.

A couple years ago Child Rebel Soldier a group consisting of producers/rappers Kanye West and Pharrell Williams as well as the rapper Lupe Fiasco released the song US Placers under the name CRS to critical acclaim. The song utilized the sample from Radiohead's song Eraser and lead singer Thom Yorke's chorus. The Song got many fans like me excited about the possibility of hearing a full length album from the trio but gave up as news about the album seemed to be hinting that they just didn't have time to pull themselves away from their own independent projects. No worries though because two weeks ago Child Rebel Soldier had a new song (Dont Stop) released on one of Kanye West's G.O.O.D. Music Friday's. I would like to thank Kanye for being a temporary pariah to the industry, because it gave him time to work on other stuff than his own album. This is one of the fruits of his labor the last few months, though Will start by the Radiohead song, then CRS usplacers, and then their G.O.O.D. Friday release "Don't Stop"







I had to go a little classic on the next selection, due to Outkast being the best! I might be one of few people that ranks the Grammy winning double album "The Love below & Speakerbox" lower then Aquemini and ATLiens but as i have been listening to Big Boi's Speakerbox a lot lately. I realize he was 4 years ahead of its time. Which might explain why alot of the songs never emerged on the radio. The cut with Killer Mike aka Mike Bigga and Jay-z titled Flip Flop Rock has been one of my long time favorites, but recently have been playing it non stop so enjoy! Thats a me telling, not asking.

No comments: