Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Music Tuesday

All I do is stay focused looking straight forward at the world, and beyond. I feel people pulling me down, I feel some pulling me up I can't get stuck. I just keep moving forward, I have places to go.

Strong Will Continue


Also been listening to more instrumental type music including blues.
Gare du Nord - Pablo's Blues



Robert Johnson - Come on in my Kitchen


Comment on Youtube by BreezelyBruin
That's just it. It's what makes his music so amazing. The average jerkoff would just dismiss it as old blues but they're not cognizant of the fact this was recorded in the 30's straight to reel to reel. No multi-track engineering. No overdubbing. He played bass, rhythm and lead simultaneously on one guitar while singing at the same time. Whoever doesn't appreciate Robert Johnson might as well go deaf because there's no point in them listening to anything.


The General By Dispatch


Barton Finks Dicey street blues


NINA SIMONE- "DON'T LET ME BE MISUNDERSTOOD" (1964)


Later redone by JOe Cocker (Guy who sang the wonder years song)

No comments: